The Erasmus+ program “Exchange of Good Practices for Brain Education in Europe” (Share4Brain), draws the attention of academics and the public as well as relevant public institutions to the importance of basic and clinical research in neuroscience for better prevention, diagnosis and treatment of neurological and psychiatric disorders.
The Share4Brain project brings together patients, brain researchers, scientists, clinicians and carers from Europe with a view to promote brain research and raise public awareness about the societal and personal impact of brain disease.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the project meeting was held virtually on 28-29 September 2020 with the support of the European Parliament office in Greece.
The project brings together organizations from Belgium (Belgian Brain Council), Greece (Greek Carers Network EPIONI and the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens), Italy (CVBF), Serbia (Serbian Brain Council) and Spain (Spanish Brain Council).
At the project meeting:
· We discussed the progress of the project and the need to raise public awareness about brain conditions and disseminate the project results and activities via the media, relevant brochures and a dedicated website. We also formulated a joint strategy to bring competent politicians to support the objectives of the project and accordingly come closer to relevant decision-making positions.
· We conducted a virtual focus group with patients living with depression
· We held three events entitled:
1) Share4Brain: Addressing the growing prevalence of depression in Europe
2) Caring for Carers: Dealing with Depression
3) 6th Meeting of the Academy of National Brain Councils.