In the framework of the European Innovation Partnership for Active and Healthy Aging (EIP on AHA), e-Health Unit of the Institute of Informatics and Telecommunications of NCSR Demokritos earned a distinction from European Union, in co-operation with academics, municipal authorities, small and medium-sized enterprises and non-profit organizations that are active in the field of health.
With a statement, the European Commission (EU) awarded the “Attica Reference Site (AHA4Attica)” with distinction as “Reference Site 1* ” following a Call for EIP on AHA Reference Sites.
The Attica Reference Site (AHA4Attica) will join a total of 77 regional and local organisations that have demonstrated the existence of comprehensive strategies to advance innovation and to understand and address the challenges of delivering health and care services to the ageing population.
The purpose of Attica Reference Site (AHA4Attica) is to:
- Create a strong and credible network of actors to tackle demographic change, aging and health care after the digital transformation of 2020 that will be activated in the relevant European Union funding programs.
- Improve the implementation status of e-Health services in the Attica region and contributing to constructive proposals to prevent and promote active healthy aging.
- Participate in European activities related to Active Aging.
- Promote prevention as a pre-requisite of Active Healthy Aging.
- Inform healthcare providers about innovative practices related to Active Healthy Aging.
- Actively contribute to the development of regional strategies for the use of innovations in Active Healthy Aging.
The Reference Site status has been granted to those organisations who have shown excellence in the development, adoption and scaling up of innovative practices for active and healthy ageing. This work should also be aligned with the strategic objectives of the European Innovation Partnership on Active and Healthy Ageing (EIP on AHA) and the relevant new strategic developments including the Transformation of Health and Care in the Digital Single Market and work carried out through the Horizon 2020 WE4AHA CSA, particularly in the 3 horizontal initiatives, such as the Blueprint and the Innovation to Market (I2M) plan and MAFEIP.
For more information about the European Innovation Partnership of Active and Healthy Ageing.
The EIPonAHA Reference Site Awards Ceremony took place on 25/9/2019 in Aarhus, Denmark in the framework of EIP on AHA Conference of Partners 2019 held in collaboration with the Active and Assisted Living Programme’s AAL Forum.